Beatitude Baby

Beatitude Baby
Musings of a wayfaring Catholic family in pursuit of true happiness

Bienvenidos

Welcome to the family blog of two theologians and our babies! We hope you enjoy reading about our daily joys and struggles as Catholics, as spouses, as parents, and as beginning theologians. Ad maiorem Dei gloriam!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Inspired

A few weeks ago I was looking at my sister-in-law's family blog, and then I clicked on the blog of one of our mutual friends, who is a graduate student at Ave Maria. I was so inspired by what I saw on these two blogs that I decided to become a blogger myself. But first I wanted to finish the rough draft of my dissertation. Starting the blog would then be a sort of reward for my hard work on my opus magnum! So last week I finally finished, or abandoned rather, my dissertation, sending about 250 pages off to my professors for their comments. I hope that I will be defending my dissertation later in the summer, by the way. Anyway, last night, in between Mikey's night wakings, I started this blog, with the title "Thomist Mommy." But this morning when I returned to my budding project, I found that the blog was now called "Beatitude Baby." And so I realized that the blog was not just my blog but rather Michael's as well. And oh boy has he jumped in with great gusto. And so here we are, starting our first family blog together, and Michael is super concerned about the music playlist and the color of the letters, while all I care about is writing posts and showing off pictures of our cutey. So here we go......!

7 comments:

  1. Michael is collaborating with you on the blog??? No way!!! You're kidding!!! :) Welcome to blogspot. Love you guys. Looking forward to sharing blogisms with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging!
    I'm so glad you're here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm...I meant to say welcome to blogging, not the blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe, the books along the side are preliminary reading for little Michael! We figured, why start with Green Eggs & Ham when he's capable of so much more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, and I'm sure it goes without saying that Mikey will be reading those Aquinas books in the original Latin.

    ReplyDelete