Beatitude Baby

Beatitude Baby
Musings of a wayfaring Catholic family in pursuit of true happiness

Bienvenidos

Welcome to the family blog of two theologians and our babies! We hope you enjoy reading about our daily joys and struggles as Catholics, as spouses, as parents, and as beginning theologians. Ad maiorem Dei gloriam!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Last Lap

I have not been blogging recently because I have been so busy with Mikey, visitors, migraines, and morning sickness. (For those of you who may not know, Mike and I are expecting our second baby at the end of January!) And I have been trying to finish my dissertation in the midst of everything! Actually, some of our visitors, my mom and sister Laura, that is, came precisely to help me finish my dissertation (by taking care of Mikey and meals, etc.). I am going to defend my dissertation at Ave Maria University on August 12th or 13th. And I have to turn in my "defense draft" a month ahead of time. So I am entering my last week of working on my dissertation, and I really have to practice some fortitude. I had no idea that completing my dissertation would be so hard during the first trimester of my second pregnancy. When Mikey takes his naps (prime time for dissertation work), all I want to do is sleep or rest on the couch. I don't really want to spend that free time looking for a quotation that I need to put in a footnote or working for an hour on a clarification that my director has asked me to make. Anyway, if you could remember me this week in your prayers, I would be so grateful. I am on the last lap, and it feels as if I am running in sand.

2 comments:

  1. You're almost there Kris, keep your head up, you're doing great! Your example of finishing up a dissertation while going through your first trimester makes beginning medical school seem like a piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete