Beatitude Baby

Beatitude Baby
Musings of a wayfaring Catholic family in pursuit of true happiness

Bienvenidos

Welcome to the family blog of two theologians and our babies! We hope you enjoy reading about our daily joys and struggles as Catholics, as spouses, as parents, and as beginning theologians. Ad maiorem Dei gloriam!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Two Boys Sleep in the Room....

Mikey and James are now roommates. It happened earlier than I expected. Well, I made it happen earlier than I thought I would, the reason being, of course, my own sleep deprivation.

So the first night James woke up at 11, 1:15, 3:15, and finally 4:45. Mike had said that we should just let him work it out and not go into the room, since he needed to learn how to sleep with Mikey, and Mikey with him. But finally at 4:45 I went in there to see what the problem was. I found out that his onesie and jammies were all wet because his diaper had leaked out. What a bummer! No wonder he kept waking up. Anyway, as I was taking him out of the room to assess the problem, Mikey, who had not made a peep while James was screaming and screaming, suddenly started to cry. I went back in and told him it was still sleepy time. He said he wanted Mama. Finally, after a brief exchange between us, he said, "I want two boys sleep in the room!" It was the cutest, sweetest thing he could have said. Even though he had had to listen to so much crying through the night, he preferred to have his brother in the room crying than not in the room at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment